Friday, December 16, 2011

Dr. Chipps

From the time Caden was very small, we had Dr. Chipps for his pediatric pulmonologist. He was extremely knowledgable in treating kids like Caden who have serious lung/respiratory issues. My only complaint is he didn't have the best “bedside” manner. It was difficult to ask him questions because he was ready to run out of the room and on to the next patient.


I never had any hesitation that he knew what he was doing. But I am the kind of mom who truly wants to understand why my child is getting a particular medication or what certain test results mean. Those were the kinds of things I struggled with at Dr. Chipps office because it was hard to get those answers.

I will say I am very grateful to him and his staff for keeping Caden so healthy and allowing us to treat him at home when he had pneumonia in 2010. It's really hard to leave a doctor who has treated your son their whole life, knowing you have to find someone new in another state. :(

We had our last appointment with Dr. Chipps only three days before we moved. This is a picture of Caden in the exam room while we waited to see him.

0 comments: