Monday, December 12, 2011

Kelly

Shortly before moving from Sacramento, I was able to meet a friend for lunch. Kelly is so incredible and such a blessing in my life. I first met her many years ago at the doctor's office many where I went for my yearly exam. She was my nurse practitioner. However, even from the first visit, we had a connection and started a friendship.


She became even more special to me when I was pregnant with Caden. We had our “big” 18-week ultrasound where we were told Caden wouldn't live due to so many abnormalities they could see in utero. When Kelly saw some of the reports come through from the perinatologist office after our appointment there, she called me immediately. It meant so much to me that she would take the time to call me when it wasn't directly her responsibility.

She asked me what the next step was and I told her we were getting a fetal echocardiogram. She asked if there was anything she could do for me, I told her I didn't think so, aside from praying for us. But when I mentioned that I would be going to the echo alone because Greg had some meetings he couldn't change, Kelly immediately said she would meet me at the cardiologist's office so she could be with me. It was on her day off and she was willing to spend that time with me at the doctor's office to help me through a very tough appointment. That is a true friend!

Over the last three years, she has continued to be a huge support for me. We don't get to see each other or talk to each other very often. But I know she is praying for us all the time. And, when we first brought Caden home from the hospital after spending 8 weeks there, she brought dinner to my house. She helped hold Caden and entertain Kyler so I could get some much-needed rest. It was such a blessing to me!

I was so glad when we were able to coordinate our very busy schedules and have lunch together before I moved away. I am going to miss her a lot but I know we will see each other again in the near future because she and her husband own some property in the Pacific Northwest where they spend time every year. I am looking forward to that already! Thank you Kelly for being such a blessing in my life!

0 comments: