Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nursing Farewell

Friday, December 16 was Caden's nurse, Lyuba's, last day. She has been with us since September 2010 so it will be a definite adjustment for all of us not to have her help anymore. She truly loves both Kyler and Caden and I know it will be hard for them to not see her five days/week anymore.


The nursing care has been such a wonderful thing for our family. It really helped us be able to keep Caden healthy because I could leave him at home with the nurse while I took Kyler to/from school and ran errands, therefore keeping Caden away from all the germs. That was wonderful! And, it also allowed me to spend some much-needed quality time with Kyler away from the house.

So much of our lives have been focused on Caden because of all his appointments. It has been really hard on Kyler to not get as much attention as he deserves. So I was able to do special things with him after picking him up from school that I wouldn't have been able to do without nursing care. It was really a blessing for us.

And, the wonderful thing about Lyuba is she was able to go work for another family that I know and be the nurse for their son, Cayden (she won't have any trouble remembering his name!). :) She was able to start work there on the Monday after finishing with us. I am so happy she didn't have any lapse in work because I know her family depends on her income. And I know my friends got a kind and caring nurse to take care of their Cayden. It was a win-win. :)

Thank you for everything Lyuba!

0 comments: