Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Trip to Walla Walla

I have the best husband in the world! Have I mentioned that before? If not, shame on me! In order to help us have a less stressful move to Walla Walla from Sacramento, he arranged for us to fly up. That meant that we didn't have to spend endless hours in the car dealing with frustrated, screaming, stir-crazy small children. That alone was good enough for me.

But on top of that, without me even knowing it, he upgraded my ticket to first class. That meant he sat in the back of the plane (literally almost the very last row) by himself with the two boys while I sat by myself in first class. I had a hard time even wrapping my mind around that. I have never flown first class before so that by itself was a real treat. But to actually be able to sit back and enjoy the flight and read a book was almost too good to be true. That just doesn't happen when you have small children with you!

However, Greg was very fortunate because Caden slept the entire flight from Sacramento to Seattle. So it made his job much easier. And, it helped me feel less guilty for being up front all on my own. :)

In first class, they give you a lovely little snack. Something a little more than a miniature bag of pretzels or peanuts.



The pictures of Greg and the boys are a little fuzzy because they were taken with Greg's iPod Touch so the quality isn't great. But you can get the idea of how things went for Greg anyway.



You can see how unruly Caden was during the flight. He was downright hard to control! ;) Okay, not really. He was pretty much passed out the whole time. Isn't he adorable?!



Once we reached Seattle, we had to change planes to go to Walla Walla. While we were walking around trying to get the boys to use up some of their energy, we found this cute Orca.



This is me with Caden on our flight into Walla Walla. There are no first class seats on these small planes. So we all sat together at the back of the plane and both the boys did amazingly well!



I am so proud of how well they traveled. Especially Caden since this is his first airplane ride. And, although Kyler flew a lot (!) before he turned two, he doesn't really remember it. So it was almost like a first airplane ride for him also.

Overall, we had a fantastic day of traveling and we were happy to arrive at our final destination. Although we aren't able to move into our home immediately. We are at least in our new hometown.

0 comments: